Terms of Delivery
1. At Wing Fung Hong, we offer to deliver our products and have tailored these terms of delivery accounting for the bulkiness and weight of our rice products. You may also choose our Self-Pickup Service if it suits you.
2. We offer customers who buy below fifteen kilogram a group sharing delivery mechanism (“Group Delivery”). Whether you are, for example, buying a five kilogram or ten kilogram bag of rice, if there are other customers living in your building, or in sufficiently near distance (“Neighbor Customers”) also ordering below fifteen kilogram, you will effectively pay less for your delivery. The saving in delivery fee will be credited to you in digital coupon the day after the delivery to your building is completed. Your effective delivery fee is illustrated in the Group Delivery Fee Schedule. We have full discretion to determine who your Neighbor Customers are. Please check with us before you place your order via phone, email, or chat in the App.
Delivery Fee Schedule (click link to see table)
3. We will charge at the time of Check Out according to the Delivery Fee Schedule the delivery fees in Hong Kong dollars according to the total weight of your purchased products placed in ONE order. Please note the different delivery services offered according to the total weight of your purchased products.
Group Delivery Fee Schedule (click link to see table)
(A) Order for 15 kg or more – Delivery to Your Door Service
4. Delivery to YOUR DOOR is provided for any total purchase weight of 15kg or above. We offer delivery to your specified address (one location only) in the Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, or New Territories with some exceptions, if the total purchase of one single order is 15 kg or more by weight.
5. For Delivery to the Door service, if no elevator service is available at the buildings of your delivery address, delivery service to above the 3rd-storey (counting from ground floor as the 1st floor) will charge an additional delivery fee of HK$20 per floor. Such additional delivery fee is to be paid in cash to our delivery staff at the time of delivery.
6. In the event that the elevators break down at the time of delivery (and we are not informed by you prior to the delivery), we will make arrangement to deliver the products at another time, or charge you additional delivery fee of HK$ 20 per floor subject to your agreement. An extra handling fee of HK$50 will be paid in cash at delivery at another time.
7. You are responsible to ensure that the recipient is available to accept the delivered products. If there is no recipient accepting the delivered products on the Scheduled Delivery Day, our delivery staff will leave the products according to your instruction given on the Check Out page (fill in under the “Add a note” section) on our Platform, in either one of the following methods:
(i) You instruct us to leave the products at your door or your building entrance of your designated delivery address.
(ii) You instruct us to leave the products with the security guard, concierge, or management office, in your building of your designated delivery address.
(iii) You instruct us to leave the products with a neighbor in the same building as your designated delivery address, provided that you provide us with correct information of the floor/unit number and contact phone number of the neighbor.
Your order will be considered as complete when we have delivered the products according to your instructions, and we shall not be responsible for any loss or theft of the delivered products and will not be held liable for any claims for loss or damages.
8. You may contact us by phone to reschedule the date of delivery at least 48 hours before the Scheduled Delivery Day. In the event that no one is available to accept delivery of the products on the Scheduled Delivery Day, and you did not reschedule the delivery date with us in advance, or provide us with specific instructions at the time of order, we will leave the products at your door with the original receipt, and we shall not be responsible for the products left outside your premises in such circumstances. No refund will be arranged for the delivery fee already paid.
(B) Order for less than 15kg – Delivery to Street Address Service
9. For any one single order of products with total weight of less than 15 kg, we only offer the delivery to your street address (that is, delivered to the entrance of your delivery address and you will pick up the products from our delivery staff or agent in the street or at the lobby at a location to be informed and agreed).
10. Our delivery staff will call at the delivery recipient’s phone number or send you message in our App on the day of the delivery to notify you of the location of our delivery team and the estimated time for delivery. The location of our delivery vehicle will be subject to the traffic conditions in the nearby region. You or the recipient must present a copy of the email confirmation of order sent to your registered email address to our delivery staff or agent for picking up the products.
11. You are responsible to ensure that the recipient is available on the Scheduled Delivery Day to pick up the delivered products at the delivery vehicle. You may contact us by phone to reschedule the date of delivery at least 48 hours before the Scheduled Delivery Day.
12. If we are unable to contact the recipient to pick up the products on the Scheduled Delivery Day , we shall leave the products with the receipt with the security guard in your building or at the entrance of the building of the delivery address. A photo will be taken of the products as delivered and be sent to you through chat in the App or by email.
13. Self-Pickup at our Shop Our physical shop is in the Western District on Hong Kong Island at 1/F Room A, Rice Merchants Building 77-78 Connaught Road West. You may call us at +852 2548 1616 to arrange for Self-Pickup service at our physical shop for any orders of products with total weight of less than 15 kg. Opening hours for Self-Pickup at our shop are 10:00am to 4:00pm Monday, Wednesday to Friday (except public holidays). Orders received and confirmed before 3:00 pm can be picked up at our Western District Shop on the next day opened for such service. Self-Pickup service is available only on a working day except Tuesdays.
14. Orders that are not collected at the store after 3 working days from the date of order will be cancelled and forfeited. No refunds will be arranged. Reminders by phone will be made by us after the first or second day for collection.
15. You may also request to pick up the ordered products at our delivery vehicle in the areas near one of the locations designated by us, namely, the Pier, the Border at Luohu or the Border at Huanggang (you may add a note for one of the three delivery locations on the Check Out Page to instruct us under the “Add a note” section). For those living in the Outlying Islands, please state your registered address as your address in the Outlying Islands. For those visiting from other countries, please state the country you are from.
16. Self-Pickup at the Pier is available for customers with registered addresses in the Outlying Islands, but is not limited to customers from Cheung Chau, Lamma Island, Mui Wo, Pui O, Cheung Sha, Tong Fuk, Shui Hau, Shek Pik, Po Lin Monastery and Tai O.
17. Please present the online order confirmation, or its image, to collect the order for any Self Pick-Up Service.
18. Any order placed by a Customer via our Platform during a 24-hour period for a normal working day, or a longer than 24-hour period for a Sunday or a public holiday until 9:30am on the following working day (the “Order Date”), will be grouped together with all other orders placed by other Customers within the same Delivery Period (as defined below).
19. The delivery of each order will be arranged on any day from the second following working day to the eighth following working day after the Order Date (the “Delivery Period”), according to the delivery location. We will contact the Customer via phone, chat in the App or email to confirm the order, delivery date and method to be agreed by you at least two working days prior to the delivery (“Delivery Confirmation”).
20. Delivery services will be scheduled on the day of the week (“Scheduled Delivery Day”) according to the districts where the delivery addresses are located, as shown in the Delivery Schedule (click link to see table). The schedule for each region, district or smaller districts will be updated from time to time without prior notice.
Examples: Assuming no intervening public holidays or any day from and including the second last day of any Lunar Year (年廿九) to and including the seventh day of the next Lunar Year (翌年年初七):
(A) If we receive your order on a Tuesday at 8:00 am and your delivery address is in Wan Chai, the Order Date is Tuesday, and the Delivery Period will be from Thursday to the next Thursday, and the Scheduled Delivery Day will be next Monday. We will call you at least on or before Friday to confirm the order and delivery method and will arrange delivery on the following Monday (the sixth following working day after the Order Date).
(B) If we receive your order on a Sunday at 3:30 pm and your delivery address is in Kowloon, the Order Date is next day on Monday and the Delivery Period will be from Wednesday to the next Wednesday, and the Scheduled Delivery Day will be next Tuesday. We will call you at least on or before Saturday to confirm the order and delivery method and delivery will be arranged on the 2nd Tuesday (the seventh following working day after the Order Date).
21. Once we receive an order, we will contact you as soon as we can by phone, by chat in the App or by email to confirm your order and to arrange for delivery. In the case that you cannot accept the delivery on the Scheduled Delivery Day of the Week per the district you reside in, and that you did not instruct us any of the alternative delivery methods (leave at door, with security guard or neighbor) chosen on the Check Out Page, and that either your order is less than 15kg or you reside in the New Territories, we will try again to agree with you other delivery receipt method at the Delivery Confirmation, subject to your agreement. In other cases, for example, if you reside in Hong Kong or Kowloon and your order is 15kg or more, we may deliver to you on demand subject to your agreement of the delivery day and method.
22. Delivery service is only available in Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and New Territories and not available for the Outlying Islands, including Cheung Chau, Lantau Island (except Ma Wan, Discovery Bay, Tung Chung, and Hong Kong International Airport). No delivery service is available to the below areas: Mui Wo, Pui O, Cheung Sha, Tong Fuk, Shui Hau, Shek Pik, Po Lin Monastery and Tai O. No delivery service will be arranged for anywhere outside Hong Kong.
23. For customers from Cheung Chau, Lamma Island and Mui Wo, Pui O, Cheung Sha, Tong Fuk, Shui Hau, Shek Pik, Po Lin Monastery and Tai O, Self-Pickup service may be arranged. Please refer to Self-Pickup at the Pier for details.
24. Due to restricted access to Big Wave Bay Village Shek O, customers there must collect deliveries at designated location(s) to be confirmed by us.
25. Delivery to the Door service is not applicable to addresses and areas that cannot be accessed directly by vehicles.
26. For orders paid by Manual Payment, delivery will only be arranged after confirmation of our receipt of your full payment.
27. Delivery fee (not additional delivery fee or extra handling fee) must be paid in advance before any delivery would be arranged.
28. All delivery fees are in Hong Kong dollars.
29. Delivery service will be arranged when our office is open, except on any day that is not a working day, or a Sunday, or a public holiday in Hong Kong.
30. All delivery service will be suspended without prior notice when typhoon signal No.8 or above or a black rainstorm signal is hoisted. In this event customers will be contacted to re-schedule the time for delivery time.
31. If delivery is delayed, postponed or cancelled due to traffic, weather, sudden change of delivery address to another districts or other factors, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, no matter whether the factor which causes the delay, postponement or cancellation is within our control or not.
32. It is your responsibility to notify us immediately of any change to the delivery address after the Delivery Confirmation but at least 48 hours before the agreed delivery date.
33. Any delivery involved for replacement of products will be complimentary but is subject to our discretion.
34. We reserve the right to decline delivery of goods to any customer at our sole discretion absolutely.
© 2017-2023 Wing Fung Hong